We are now in the process of reforming and remastering the Darkstorm community.
First, we have made Zafiro a full permanent manager and developer. He know has access to our servers and will be carrying out some of our plans in-game.
Second, I am back to make top-level community changes and website changes. We will be changing things (for the better!) like the entire rule set and the rank hierarchy. We can already see a few changes like a new theme on the website, and staff ranks have been changed.
Staff ranks are now as follows.
- Owner - The big man. Bryantdl7 is our only owner atm.
- Manager - This is the new Co-Owner. Everyone who was Co-Owner, and is still active, is now here. It has as much access as Co-Owner did, but renamed. This rank is permanent and assigned by Owner.
- Superadmin - This is admin but more trusted and more permissions, but not as much as manager.
- Administrator - This is the step up from moderator and shows that you are competent and done well enough for a promotion.
- Retired Staff - This is an admin-level position for any staff rank where the user is now inactive. Mods may get this, but is not guaranteed. It goes off of each user's performance.
- Moderator - This is the rank assigned upon a successful mod application and is now the replacement for Tmod. You stay at this rank until management sees that you have done well enough.
- Probation Admin - This is a temporary disciplinary rank for staff members that have committed a punishable act.
These ranks were designed to streamline the importance of each level of staff without being too complicated. These ranks will be pushed in-game in a timely manner.
Things will be changing for the better in Darkstorm as time goes on. This is simply the beginning.